October 19, 2010

It's Rainy and Cool. I'm Not Dead.

And that's not the end of the good news.

There's an election of monumental importance in just two weeks. Once again, the always knowledgeable and perceptive American public will make known their great unhappiness with the manner of rule oozing out of Washington, D.C. An astonishing change will occur! Once again, we shall bear witness to the inexpressible glories of responsive democracy in action! We are incredibly fortunate to live in a time of such miracles. You should offer your grateful thanks several times a day, at a minimum.

Aw, c'mon. You don't think I believe that shit, do you? I said I'm not dead. And even if I were, I still wouldn't believe that shit. But I must acknowledge my boundless admiration for the reams of colossally ignorant and/or deliberately manipulative commentary telling us over and over and over again how significant and historic this election will be. How so many people can repeat these endless inanities so often without vomiting or self-immolating as the direct result of their measureless self-loathing is a considerable source of wonder to me. And all this about an election which will alter absolutely nothing of consequence.

That reminds me of what may be the title of a new essay I've been mulling: "How Can You Stand It?" Maybe I'll manage to get that done later in the week.

So, feeling marginally better. Still mostly awful, but not quite as awful. And it's cool. And raining. Love it.

My very deep thanks still another time to all of you who have been so wonderfully thoughtful and generous. I will continue to reassemble myself to the extent I can, and I hope to be back here with some further thoughts soon. Well, soonish. I have to take things very slowly now, but I shall plod on in my shambling, scrabbling way.

We shall meet here again, my friends. Soonish.