February 03, 2012

Hysteria Is Our God

The nausea-inducing Drudge currently links to this terrifying "news" report:
Is Iran trying to develop a missile that could reach the "Great Satan"?

The missile under construction at an Iranian research-and-development facility, which was damaged by a mysterious explosion in November, was a long-range missile prototype with a range of 6,000 miles – enough to hit the United States, a senior Israeli official said Thursday in a speech to a defense and security forum.
I'm trying to be a billionaire. I'm trying to get Jude Law into bed with me. For at least three months. I'm trying not to hate these fucking warmongering morons with the heat of ten thousand suns.

But, but, but, A SENIOR ISRAELI OFFICIAL "said" ... Well, then. And the senior Israeli official says this ... based on what? Who the hell knows. He says it.

Are you trembling in terror? Ready to nuke those filthy foreigners yet?

It's at moments like this -- moments when my heart overflows with gratitude for the wisdom and compassion demonstrated by every member of the human race, all of whom are profoundly committed to peace throughout the world, nay the universe! -- that I recall the unforgettable words of Joan Crawford. Actually, they're my words, but Joan could have said them! She certainly gave speeches just like this one:
You're all trying to destroy me! You're all against me, you bastards! You broke my heart, and now you want to kill me! But I won't let you, do you hear me? I won't let you! I'm going to live, damn you, I'm going to LIVE!
That's from "Unreasoning Hysteria as the Default Position: Joan Crawford Does Foreign Policy," in which I discussed an earlier instance of The Horrible Plot by Filthy Foreigners to Destroy All the Universes for All Time Forevermore The End Period.

Good God. That post is from close to five years ago. We're hysterical ALL THE TIME. We are fucking insane.

If you wish, consult the earlier post for the argument. For now, that's all I have to say about this neverending exercise in murderous, bloody-minded national cruelty and stupidity.